Venaco and it's RegionThis beautiful region located in the heart of the island offers a wide range of activities:
• Cultural activities : discover the Museum of Corsica (musée de la Corse); visit the citadel of Corte, historic capital of Corsica...
• Sports activities : trout fishing, horse-riding, rock-climbing, tree climbing adventures and other extreme sports; you will also find a swimming-pool and tennis courts 150 metres from the hotel and river bathing is only a 5-minute drive away.
The region is also a paradise for hikers.
The best-known trail is undoubtedly the GR 20 which crosses the island from N.W. to S.E.
The famous Restonica valley and lakes
The hiking trail “Sea to Sea North” (Mare a Mare Nord)… and many paths in the Vénacais region
• The Vizzavona forest of larch trees.
• The cascade des Anglais.
• The Vecchio gorges (and Gustave Eiffel’s viaduct, designed in 1880).
• Verghellu valley (near the village of Venaco): native breeds park of 100 hectares for the protection of mouflons (mountain sheep); there are also hiking paths on which you can discover not only the fauna and flora of the region but also the sheepfolds and such historic sites as the pont du Vacchereccio bridge, and a fountain, the fontaine du Paradis.